* Follow normal diet habits. Eat a good breakfast and/or lunch.
* Take all prescribed medications.
* Avoid vitamin E, garlic, ginko, and ginseng for one week prior to surgery.
* Avoid alcohol for 48 hours prior to surgery. (Aspirin and alcohol can cause bleeding problems during
and after surgery).
* Cleanse, bathe, or shampoo area to be operated on prior to coming to the office. You will not bathe
again until 24 hours after the procedure.
* Do not apply makeup or use hairspray if surgery is to be done on the face.
* Call the office at (504) 896-2255 should you develop a fever, rash, or other illness prior to the
* You must have a companion capable of driving you home. If you are uncertain about this aspect of
surgery, please be sure to ask.
* Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
* After your surgery, you will be required to return for suture removal or wound check between six to
fourteen days. Please be aware that our suture removal and wound check times are at 3:00pm and